TOP's Pellet Sample Bags
If you'd like to try TOP's Pellets for your companion parrot before purchasing bigger bags, you can order 2 oz. sample bags to give them a taste of the product. This test amount will give you some product to introduce and see if your parrots will show an interest. NOTE: *Available shipping only to U.S. addresses.
The Pellets are USDA Organic Certified and available in three different sizes: Large, Small and Mini. Each bag costs just $1.00 and shipping is $4.99 for up to three (3) bags. Select the sizes you would like to order from the dropdown menu.
Common Questions About Samples:
How do I know which TOP's products I should purchase for my birds?
Check out this easy-to-follow Feeding Guide to see which TOP's products are best for various sizes of birds. Regardless of size, our large, small and mini pellets are made with the exact same ingredients and can be eaten by any size parrot.
How do I get my parrot to switch to TOP's pellets?
This is a common question and there are a number of online resources to consult. Read the TOP's Parrot Food Pellet Transition E-Book. We also like this article written by a veterinarian that provides tips and information on how to convert your bird from eating seeds to pellets.
Here are a few tried-and-true tips on transitioning to a new pellet:
• While a 2 oz. sample bag is a good start, you might need more pellets for a longer transition.
• Sprinkle a small amount of fruit juice on the pellets to appeal to your bird.
• Spray a small amount of water on the pellets to make them softer. You can also lightly moisten them with warm water. Remove the pellets after a few hours to reduce the chance of spoilage.
• Hand-feed the pellets so your bird thinks they are a treat.
• Do not offer new pellets if your bird has a full stomach.
• Let your bird see you eat the pellets. Birds are often tempted if they think they are eating a human treat. And of course, they always want what you have. “Reluctantly” share with them and be overly-enthusiastic to show them how delicious the food tastes.
• Grind TOP’s pellets into powder and sprinkle it over seeds or your bird’s favorite treat to get them to try the flavor.
• Try TOP’s Birdie Bread Mixes (which are made with ground pellets) and add your bird’s favorite foods into the mix. This will allow your bird to get used to the pellet flavor and provide a positive activity.