Pellet Week: 16 Years of Parrot Pellet Consistency
In the food and beverage industry, several secret recipes have been passed down and unchanged for generations. Think KFC's original recipe, Coca-Cola's formula, and Famous Amos Cookies. These iconic brands feature the mystique of having a unique list of ingredients that make magic for their products.
The formulation of TOP's Parrot Food's organic pellets also features a unique list of ingredients that are different than any other pellet on the market. And since they were developed in 2003 by avian nutritionists, including Dr. Alicia McWatters, they have been unchanged and true to the original recipe. We get inquiries from time to time asking if we have changed our formula, and we are proud to say “no,” our ingredients are the same as always. In fact, the ingredients have never been healthier for your parrots because they are now all certified organic.
Because the recipe is not a secret, we're happy to share it with you: a quartet of key ingredients comprise 95 percent of TOP's pellets — alfalfa, millet, barley and brown rice — and always have. These cornerstone components give TOP's pellets their classic green color (from the alfalfa) and foundation to deliver healthy nutrition to your flock. The remaining 5 percent is comprised of a special blend of healthy, organic dry ingredients (the exact measurements of these ingredients is a secret) that add the flavors, textures, and fats that your birds love.
What makes TOP's pellets so special? For starters, the pellets are cold-pressed (not extruded or heat baked) to keep more natural enzymes, vitamins, and other nutrients intact. They are free of artificial ingredients, colors or flavors, and do not use any sugars or fillers like corn, peanuts and soy. And of course, the pellets are USDA Organic Certified. This means that when you feed TOP's pellets to your birds you are providing them with all-natural, nutritious food that can make their lives better.
In fact, if you haven't tried TOP's yet we encourage you to read the label of your current parrot food and learn what's inside. Chances are you will see peanuts, soy, corn, sugar, artificial colors, and a host of ingredients you probably cannot pronounce and would not eat yourself. Compare those to TOP's pellets and we're confident you will see why we are the healthiest pellet on the market.
To celebrate our pellets' 16th birthday, we're kicking off Pellet Week this week (Feb. 4-8, 2019). We'll be sharing inside facts about our organic pellets and surprising a few of our social media followers with some free bags of pellets. Follow us @TOPsParrotFood on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for a chance to win our random drawings.
TOP's pellets are available in 15 countries on four continents and we say “thank you” for supporting the brand and what it stands for. Join us in celebrating TOP's pellets and the healthy, non-secret, consistent formula that has been enjoyed for 16 years by parrots and owners around the world.
What questions do you have? Leave a comment or contact us on our social media accounts.